sync error with temporay folder

Get help for specific problems

peterhocking

Hi

I have Realtime sync syncing accross a network connect, (via VPN), to an external hard drive on a PC running Windows 10. The external hard drive always has the same drive letter D.

Realtime sync frequently stops with an error about not being able to find a directory in a folder on the remote source drive. If I click on ignore error it successfully complete the backup.

[8:47:14 AM] Error: Cannot open directory "\\10.0.0.4\bu\Cloudstation\Peter\RecycleBin~f68a.ffs_tmp".
Error Code 2: The system cannot find the file specified. [DirReaderPlus]
[9:38:07 AM] Info: Comparison finished: 301,156 items found | Time elapsed: 00:52:56
[9:38:08 AM] Info: Synchronising folder pair: Mirror->
\\10.0.0.4\bu
D:\Data

The directory it refers to is a temporary directory that seems to be created during the syncing process. I have tried creating various exclusions in the filters,but these have not stopped the attempts to sync this folder. Below are the what I have as exclusions.

\$Recycle.Bin\
\RECYCLE?\
\RecycleBin*

Can anyone suggest a solution?
Regards,

Peter

xCSxXenon

Try deleting that directory manually
Site Admin

Zenju

Conflicts with other active syncs is what the sync.ffs_lock file is supposed to help avoid (unless these sync are running against different base folders on the network share, obviously).