No audio notification when Synchronisation finished...

Get help for specific problems

mingle

Hi Guys,

This is a strange one.

In Options, I have both "Comparison finished" and "Synchronisation finished" set to play the "notify.wav" sound, but the audio only plays when the comparison is finished. There is no audio notification when synchronisation completes.

I've tried changing to different (for each) .wav files, but no change. I'm pretty sure it worked fine in 10.18.

(Running v10.19 on Win 10 Pro 64-bit)

Cheers,

Mike.
Last edited by mingle on 16 Feb 2020, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.

mingle

<bump> Still an issue (for me) with FFS 10.20...

Is anyone else having a problem with this?

Cheers,

Mike.
Site Admin

Zenju

Does the sound play correctly when you test it in global settings? Also note that the "sync finished" sound is not played when running in silent batch mode.

mingle

Hi,

Here's a weird one: it played fine in the settings window, but not when using ('manual' mode - not batch).

So I went into Options and clicked the 'Default' button (at the lower left of the window), then reselected the .wav file for both Comparison Finished and Synchronisation Finished and lo and behold, it worked.

Not sure what happened, but all looks (and sounds) good now.

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle

I've finally figured out what happened...

If the "Auto-close" option is ticked/checked on the "Completed successfully" window, the "Synchronisation finished" sound doesn't play.

I'm not sure if this is the way it's meant to behave, but I think it would be better if it did play the sound upon completion, since I often leave FFS running in the background and it's nice to know when it's finished.

Cheers,

Mike.

xCSxXenon

The purpose of running silently and auto-closing is to avoid user interaction, so it kind of defeats that. If you're constantly waiting for a ding, you may as well run it manually lol