Dissappears after minimizing to notification bar

Get help for specific problems

joshontech

I am using pop_os 19.10 running gnome desktop 3.34.3. When running a file sync I clicked on the blue arrow facing down that said minimize to notification bar. After doing that the freefilesync screen disappeared and now I cannot get it back.

The file sync is still running according to system monitor so that is good at least. I just wanted to report this bug to help out a little for your amazing work.

Also note I am using the flatpak install of your application. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but I thought I would let you know.

bgstack15

GNOME Shell by default does not have a notification area, as I understand it. I actually do not use GNOME Shell, so I might be wrong. The overarching design of GNOME Shell has been to remove the status icons, particularly because GTK 3.14 deprecated the Gtk.StatusIcon object.

Pop!_OS might have different defaults than vanilla GNOME Shell. And then there are probably extensions that can consume the system bus (probably through dbus, but I'm no programmer so don't know for sure) that most people would call the system tray or notification bar. And by consume, I mean, show icons being added there, like FreeFileSync wants to.

Unfortunately, you probably need to run the system tray tool before you add any icons to it. I use a window manager named Fluxbox, and it consumes the system tray in its own panel. Tint2 is a cross-desktop panel that can also consume the system tray, but on GNOME Shell, you'd probably want to stick to an extension.

joshontech

Yea I got the tray icon extension and it works now but the icon in the tray is just a yellow box. I dont know how to fix that issue or who to tell about it.

fikio@yahoo.com

Same bug here. KDE Plasma5, Manjaro 30.0.3,

After clicking "minimize to system tray" it goes hidden and cannot recover/restore it.
There is a yellow icon in the system tray, but no option to restore, not with left or right click.
It is working in the background, synchronizing, but i have to wait 2 hours to finish, and i cannot see the work.
Obviously a bug.