How to run multiple comparisons simultaneously

Get help for specific problems

titan_rw

Hello.

Just donated and installed the donation version.

I can't figure out how to get multiple file comparisons to run at the same time.

I have 3 destinations (on separate storage) of sync data.

d: -> x:
d: -> y:
d: -> z:

The syncing is done sequentially, which is totally fine as it only takes 5-10 minutes per destination.

What I thought the donation version would let me do is simultaneous file contents comparisons. Once in a while (no more than monthly) I like to do a full file contents scan to verify the 'backup' destinations are actually bit for bit identical rather than relying on modification time / size.

d: is a local disk, and can handle being the source for multiple reads. x: y: and z: are all network locations, and are the limiting factor in each pair.

I can't figure out how to get these 3 comparison pairs to run at the same time. If I create a job with the 3 folder pairs, or select individual jobs each with a single pair, and select run, it'll run them sequentially. I've tried starting one pair comparing, then starting a second instance of FFS, and trying to run the second, but it see's the lock file and waits.

I've got d: set to 3 parallel file operations, and x: y: and z: all set for one.

Any ideas on how to run these simultaneously? Running them sequentially will take 3 times as long.

thetommywolf

Hello,

I usually select all of them (click and drag) and then click either on Compare or Synchronise and it works perfectly.
However, after downloaded the FFS 10.21, released yesterday, i'm having trouble with simultaneous syncing... (Wich I posted on the forum just now: viewtopic.php?t=7088).

I recommend you give it a try... Hope it works for you :)