Suggestion: "move files to user-defined folder" could be *relative* path to backup path?

Discuss new features and functions

az99

I have two external drives (named "A" and "B") which I alternate between when I backup. When I plug either in, it mounts to /media/user/A (or B). I do my backups this way so I can have a little more redundancy, and a little more versioning than just "Move files to user-defined folder."

It would be handy if there were a way to say (for the "Move files..." option in the Synchronization tab) that the path is relative to the target path on the main screen. Example: my target path is "/home/user/A/filesync/home/user". It would be nice if I could say (in the "Move files") "../../../filesync/home/user previous".

I guess I could create separate "A" and "B" configuration files. But, what I do is edit the target path to say "A" or "B". This seems simpler than having duplicate (for the most part) configuration files. But, I have to go into the Synchronization page and change it there too.

It's not a problem. I just wanted to mention how that might be a useful (flexible) feature.
Site Admin

Zenju

Can't you use the "variable drive letter" feature? It should work for /media/user/<device name>, too!
https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=variable-drive-letters