SFTP synchronisation error

Discuss new features and functions

vtiger57

Hello,

When i try to use SFTP synchronisation with a cloud, each time i have a file making more than 2Go to download or upload i get message :

"Cannot read file attributes of "sftp://---------" LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND:Unable to send STAT/LSTAT/SETSTAT command [libssh_sftp_lstat]

The cloud, i use, is supporting SFTP transfer.

If i use FTP synchronisation it is OK, but i think less secured ?
Site Admin

Zenju

This is the error returned by _libssh2_channel_write() failing so send the SFTP command package. I can't imagine how this could be related to file sizes. Maybe the sending direction got corrupted by the previous operation.

Regarding FTP: FFS encrypts both data and command channels if "Explicit SSL/TLS" is enabled, so it's a valid alternative.

vtiger57

Hello Zenju,

I confirm you that all the files making more than 2Go abort in SFTP session transfer meanwhile in filezilla no problem with same protocol. If any personal message possible on forum i can give you the cloud supplier name.

But as FTP with Explicit SSL/TLS is working fine, it is ok for me.
Thanks for your quick reply.
Site Admin

Zenju

If any personal message possible on forum i can give you the cloud supplier name. vtiger57, 02 Apr 2020, 15:57
It would be great if you could provide me with details on how to reproduce the issue. Just shoot me an email (e.g. the one on the bottom of FFS's homepage).
Site Admin

Zenju

Full error message:
bug_2Go.png
bug_2Go.png (56.03 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Site Admin

Zenju

There are *two* errors occurring, and the screenshot is only showing the second one. The interesting parts are likely in the first one. I've fixed FFS to merge and report both errors:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0mjslbof73dig5y/FreeFileSync_10.24_%5BBeta%5D_Windows_Setup.exe

vtiger57

hello,

I have send you by email the screenshot of error report in the 10.24 beta.
Hope it can help you.
Site Admin

Zenju

Looks like we're getting closer. libssh2 is failing with LIBSSH2_ERROR_OUT_OF_BOUNDARY.

Now there are a number of places where this error code is used. Can you test once more with the following version, which will show exactly where this error is originating:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zlr5xg3xxlek54r/FreeFileSync_10.24_%5BBeta%5D_Windows_Setup.exe

Pepschmier

I am currently having a similar issue when trying to connect to an SFTP Server.
It works fine when using WinSCP and FileZilla.

Was a solution eventually found?