BUG with MTP Sync

Discuss new features and functions

sanchitgoyal

Hello

I did a google search and found similar threads but the issue remains even with version 10.22

I am trying to sync 2 folders- 1 on computer with Windows 10 and other on phone Galaxy Note 10 plus with android Pie.

When syncing the software seems to hang or take an incredibly long time to sync the 2nd file. After reading earlier threads I tried closing all apps on phone. Restarted the phone so there is no gallery or other app which is preventing the sync.

As I was writing this topic after multiple retries the software started syncing after being stuck on 1 text file for 9 minutes. After that it finished the process in less than a minute!

I have attached the log and you can check the 2nd file took 9 minutes to be created. Its a text file in kb!

Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks
Attachments
log.txt
(15.05 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

xCSxXenon

Same issue. It has to do with the protocol and methods used for file transferring on Androids. I find that manually opening the phone storage in File Explorer can help sometimes. mtp just kind of stinks

sanchitgoyal

Same issue. It has to do with the protocol and methods used for file transferring on Androids. I find that manually opening the phone storage in File Explorer can help sometimes. mtp just kind of stinks xCSxXenon, 10 Apr 2020, 18:06
Next time I would try by manually opening the phone storage. I noticed that it hangs for about 10 minutes and after that it starts syncing the file which is done fairly quickly.