Sync over a remote desktop connection

Discuss new features and functions

hmm

I am using a remote desktop connection. Since the connection is sometimes slow and often cuts off, I wish to work (edit documents) locally and use the remote desktop connection only keep files synchronized between the local and remote computer. How would I do this with FreeFileSync?
Thanks.

xCSxXenon

If you can mount the remote file system as a drive letter, then sure. FFS needs some mount point for access. It's sounding like you might want to look into setting up a simple VPN and shared folder on the network for file access. Most residential routers have a pretty simple but usable VPN service built in.

hmm

Thanks Xenon.
I like the idea of having a drive letter for the file system on the remote computer. (I assume this will also give me access to the local server of the remote computer, right?) I have no idea how to configure the drive letter though. Can you either walk me through it or refer me elsewhere for instructions? Thanks.

xCSxXenon

If the permissions allow, you will have access. The VPN will simulate as if your computer is directly attached to the remote network, just remotely. Mounting a network share would be the same as if you were using any other computer on the network. Browse to "\\server-name\sharename" or use the "map network drive" option in File Explorer.