Task Schedule issues with RTS

Discuss new features and functions

bigtour

Recently found this genius application, and decided to use it in my home solution.

I have a mini PC what is in use with Win10pro, I am going to use this PC to sync the relevant files between two laptops.
Prepared the RTS to run on this PC withOUT log in, therefore I set the Task Scheduler up with two entity, where one should sync the first laptop, and the second one should handle the second laptop.
Have two issue:
-if I use SERVER user for the scheduled task, it does not work. when I use one of the admin user, then it is ok.
-the bigger problem is that, the two task are not going to work together, only one works, the other does not at all (both of them has the same settings and if I disable anyone, the other works fine)

Do you have any idea on this (especially the second) issues?

Thank you in advance

B.

Plerry

You want to use the PC to sync the relevant files between two laptops.
But likely your PC does not run the sync directly between the two laptops,
but rather Laptop1 <=> PC and Laptop2 <=> PC, effectively making the PC act as a file-server.
If so, the sync of Laptop1 and Laptop2 are likely to/from the same folders on the PC.
If so, you now likely have two RTS processes (running on the PC) monitoring the same folder(s) on the PC for changes (as you write "both of them has the same settings").
I don't know the details of the notification method RTS uses, but likely only one process (the first, or the last?) can get notified and executes its specified command.

Your setup seems a bit strange.
Assuming Laptop1 and Laptop2 are not continuously on and connected to the PC (e.g via a LAN) and/or not necessarily at the same time connected to the PC, it is more common to have an RTS tasks run on each of the laptops (monitoring the relevant local folders and the ones on the PC), and launch FFS syncs (Laptop1 <=> PC, respectively Laptop2 <=> PC) to run on the laptop.
Assuming Laptop1 and Laptop2 are continuously or at the same time connected to the PC, you may also run a single RTS process on the PC, monitoring the relevant folders on Laptop1, Laptop2 and the PC which, upon detecting a change, launches a single FFS sync between two left-right folder pairs: Laptop1 <=> PC and Laptop2 <=> PC.

bigtour

Thanks Plerry for your answer,

yes, this is the topology:
(folder)Laptop1 <=> PC (folder) PC <=> Laptop2 (folder)
PC acts as a server, always up and running with not logged in user, in the background RTS synchronises the folders.
Laptops are randomly switched on-off.

After several attempts, the two process could be activated simultaneously. So now the system is up and running as expected.
Honestly I do not know what did I do wrongly, but I could resolve the situation started from scratch with the Task Scheduler.

Thank you!
B.