Command failed. Exit code 1

Get help for specific problems

ierotheo

I am running RealTime Sync and every time it syncs i get this error:
"Command ""/opt/FreeFileSync/FreeFileSync" "/home/ierotheo/Doc.ffs_batch"" failed. Exit code 1"
The files get sync.
this is my command:
"/opt/FreeFileSync/FreeFileSync" "/home/user1/Doc.ffs_batch"
Any ideas,
Thank you

ierotheo

Correction:
my command is: "/opt/FreeFileSync/FreeFileSync" "/home/ierotheo/Doc.ffs_batch"

AJU

It might be affected by changes in the operating system. I had difficulties to get RealTimeSync working on a newly installed Ubuntu Mate 20.04.
It depends on the number of available inode-watches.

To find out what is the maximum number of inode-watches, put in a terminal (as regular user):
cat /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches

There is a good explanation how you can increase this:
https://github.com/guard/listen/wiki/Increasing-the-amount-of-inotify-watchers

ierotheo

Thanks for the reply, I just adjusted all those 3 values but I am still getting the error
BTW, I am using LMDE 4, this is the Linux Mint Debian version

AJU

In my case it was before the actual change a Linux mint Mate 19.3, now Ubuntu Mate 20.04. Maybe there is a complete different reason for your problem. According to your path /opt/FreeFileSync... it seems it was installed as root? Do you have the right permissions to execute it as regular user?
What happens when you try to start it with the GUI like
/opt/FreeFileSync/FreeFileSync without further arguments? Or is there the same error?
Regards AJU

xCSxXenon

ierotheo

here is the solution:
If you open the RealTimeSync, there is a command line at the bottom of the window that you can edit. To do this, you have to go behind the last entry in this line, insert a space and then the string
"& exit 0" without the quotes.

FredericaNurk

I have a similar issue but I am reporting an inconsistency between the pop-up window (Command Failed, code 1) and the log, which reports a warning about the Recycle Bin not being available on the destination device. IMHO, the pop-up window should NOT be displayed in this case: the log is correct in that a warning event has occurred, but an Error window should not be displayed as a consequence especially given that the synchronisation operation did NOT fail.

FWIIW: I am not in favour of fixing symptoms (& exit 0) rather than the underlying problem.

An absolutely outstanding product BTW!
Site Admin

Zenju

I have a similar issue but I am reporting an inconsistency between the pop-up window (Command Failed, code 1) FredericaNurk, 28 Jun 2020, 09:04
This has nothing to do with the recycle bin warning. What is the full error message?

FredericaNurk

Obviously, otherwise I would not have reported it. The error message (pop-up) occurs sporadically and (from memory) is the same as that reported by ierotheo above. When I get the next one, I will post it to this forum. The log that was generated for the command (that presumably resulted in the pop-up message) contains the following:
Completed with warnings
Warnings:         1
Elements processed:         1 (177 KB)
Total time:         00:00:02
Errors and warnings:
11:00:00     Warning:     The recycle bin is not supported by the following folders. Deleted or overwritten files will not be able to be restored:
\\???\Communal\Automatic Replication

11:00:00     Info:     Comparison finished: 1,436 items found | Time elapsed: 00:00:00
11:00:00     Warning:     The recycle bin is not supported by the following folders. Deleted or overwritten files will not be able to be restored:
\\ZEUS\Communal\Automatic Replication
11:00:00     Info:     Updating file "\\???\Communal\Automatic Replication\???\Documentation\???.ods"
I use a hub-and-spoke replication model where my NAS server is the hub. A number of laptops replicate multiple folders to each other via that hub using RealTimeSync (one per folder). My own 2c on this is there is a concurrency issue. But it is difficult to predict and/or replicate.

What I am certain about is that the error message and the log are not consistent with each other.