Moving folder pairs between different configurations...

Get help for specific problems

jsavage

My question is if there's an easy way to transfer folder pairs to/from different configurations?

I have quite a few folder pairs that I'm synchronizing; however, I usually only need a few of them synced at any time because I know most of the others have no changes. Right now I have a single configuration, but the comparison takes quite awhile so I'm considering moving many of the "inactive" pair into a different configuration. I'd like to have two configurations: Active and Inactive, and move pairs into the inactive configuration when I know they will not be updated for awhile.

Plerry

I am not aware of any very simple way to move left-right folder pairs between configuations.
Obviously you may use the GUI to add and remove folder pairs, but may find that text-editing the saved configuration files can be faster. Simply cut the relevant left-right folder pair(s) from the first XML file and paste it into the other one (or vice versa).

Alternatively you can have a first saved configuration with all folder pairs ("total"), and by removing the "inactive" pairs (by clicking the minus sign icon in front of the pair) generate an "active" configuration and save it. You can then frequently run the "active" and less frequently run the "total" configuration.
When you need a new "active" configuration, open the "total" configuration and again remove the new "inactive" pairs and save it as the new "active" configuration.
(Re)ordering the sequence of the pairs via the black arrow icon in front of each pair may help a lot, e.g. by putting the "active" pairs on top and the "inactive" pairs at the bottom.

Alternatively, you can use a single saved configuration containing all folder pairs ("total") and each time, before running the Compare, remove the "inactive" pairs by clicking the minus sign icon in from of each such pair. Again, ordering the pairs as decribed above may help a lot.
Make sure to now not save such modified configuration, as it is still the "total" configuration.

xCSxXenon

You can copy the config file and rename it. Then open it in FFS, remove the pairs you don't need, then save it.