Press START on every boot in Realtimesync - why?

Get help for specific problems

stooovie

I love FFS and RTS but as I need to reboot quite often, the seemingly pointless need to press START on every boot is very annoying. Any way to auto-start without my confirmation?

https://imgur.com/a/10dbnws

xCSxXenon

You need to put the "*.ffs_real" file in the startup. You must have the RTS executable in their instead.

stooovie

I did exactly that, sheesh! Thanks, problem solved!

Technician_P

Hello together, i have quite a similar problem.
I try to start a *.ffs_real file via the ms-schedule.
I can see the executable running in the task-manager, but no synchronisation is done.
So it just looks like it's running but it doesn't start completely.
Do you have any ideas to get it running by ms-schedule?

I've also tried it in your way, but no improvement.

Plerry

@Technician_P :
Also looking at your other posting, I get the impression you may not fully understand how things are organized.
RealTimeSync (RTS) is a tool that monitors specified folders for changes, and upon detecting any such change executes a specified command, normally launching a FreeFileSync (FFS) synchronization.
The folders to be monitored, the command to be executed and some other RTS settings are stored in a *.ffs_real RTS configuration file when saving such configuration.
When (automatically) invoking RTS, one should therefore also specify the RTS configuration in the form of the relevant *.ffs_real file. See the second bullet in the Note on the RealTimeSync manual page.
If you just open RTS without specifying the configuration, it just sits there and waits for you to tell it what to do.
The same may apply if you do not specify folder(s) to be monitored for changes or do not specify a Command Line to be executed by RTS. See said manual page.

If the Command Line specified in RTS invokes FFS to run a *.ffs_batch sync configuration (also to be specified in that same Command Line), FFS will run that specified sync. Again: see said manual page.

As stated on the Manual page "RTS: run as a service", RTS may also be invoked specifying a *.ffs_batch FFS configuration instead of a *.ffs_real RTS configuration.
RTS will then monitor the folder pair(s) specified for the sync job and let FFS execute that *.ffs_batch sync configuration upon detecting changes.

That same last manual page also briefly explains how to launch RTS via the Task Scheduler.
In the Task Scheduler, a variety of things can be configured, amongst which the Trigger (=when to run the task). Simply look at the available options and choose what suits your needs.