can i rename the sync.ffs_db file?

Discuss new features and functions

gunternerd

Hi,
it is possible to rename the sync.ffs_db to a specified name?

Example: sync.ffs_db (old) ----- sync-pc_home.ffs_db (new)

Is there a config to change the parameters?

best regards

Plerry

You can rename them, but then FFS does not recognize/consider such renamed db files any more.
Note, that the db-files are not sync specific, but contain info releting to all (FFS) syncs to/with that location (see here).
A name sync-pc_home.ffs_db would thus only be relevant if there is just a single sync to/with the left and right locations and would not be universal.

gunternerd

Ok, my fault.

My question was, can i specify the DB for installed Instances on 2 Pc´s and 1 cloud?

- PC1 sync with his own PC1***.ffs_db to the Cloud
and
- PC2 sync with his own PC2***.ffs_db to the Cloud

Plerry

As already stated above, assuming the Cloud for both syncs above is one and the same location, it will only contain a single ffs_db file with relevant info on both the sync from/with/to PC1 and the sync from/with/to PC2. There can/will not be more than one ffs_db file per location.
As different instances of FFS, even from different installations and/or having different configurations, may be running syncs from/with/to a given location, a cross FFS instance and configuration fixed name of the db-files has to be used.

Similar consideration apply to the ffs_lock file, which blocks different FFS instances from simultaneously running a sync from/with/to locations common to multiple syncs.