FFS order sync clarification

Discuss new features and functions

citizen8

Hello everyone, suppose i have multiple pairs of folders which need to be synchronized in a specific order because i first do a backup in a local folder and only then i need to backup this folder to an external HD. Does the FFS start the copying process of all the pair of folders simultaneously or these pairs are queued and every pair is synchronized in the same order they are listed in the drag and drop panel (top to bottom) ? thank you for the time.

xCSxXenon

FFS will operate in the order of the preview pane AFAIK. You shouldn't configure it that way though. You should run the two folder pairs with the same source. One destination will be the local copy, the second will be the external. You want a tree structure rather than a propagation chain

citizen8

The solution you propose is not convenient for my case. I first need to run a local backup which will retrieve dot files, IDEs configs etc.. from my local machine and make a backup of them in a local folder. Then another backup from this folder to an external HD. I can't backup directly all this type of scattered configs in the external HD (and some of this folder can't be moved in a single path folder to solve the problem).

Plerry

If the order of syncing matters, you should define multiple syncs and run those in the proper sequence.
In your case, first sync your local machine sync to your local folder, and then sync your local folder to the external HD in two separate syncs.