FFS hangs after (successful) compare

Get help for specific problems

FileSink

I've been having an issue recently with FFS 10.24 (Windows 10) hanging while syncing two network drives. Here's the thing - it seems to have successfully compared the two, but then becomes unresponsive. Here is a screenshot (click for full size version):

I've tried waiting.....for hours, but it remains hung. When I kill it via the Task Manager, I can start over again, but with the same outcome.
I've tried rebooting my machine, as well as both NAS involved.
I am able to copy files back and forth, so performing a "manual sync" works.
This very sync configuration used to work just fine! So what could be causing FFS to hang? Is there a log I can check?

Thanks for any tips!

xCSxXenon

There are logs! You can either find the location in settings, but an easier method is to click the status symbol next to the config selection on the left (green check marks). Keep in mind, the green checks could be a yellow triangle or red 'x' as well.
Site Admin

Zenju

FileSink

Thank you Zenju! Here is the dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ibb2zilV5ZIWcijCakwGO474DA7zKGMO/view?usp=sharing

I'm really curious to see if you find anything out of the ordinary, I've tried downgrading to 10.24 but I see the same problem.
Site Admin

Zenju

Looks like there's a bug in the following shell extension:
AxShlEx64.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\AxShlEx64.dll
Version: 2.00.3.6836

FileSink

Looks like there's a bug in the following shell extension: Zenju, 21 Jun 2020, 14:30
Thank you! I will disable it...
But why does FFS care about shell extensions? Is it trying to display the proper icon?
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes, it's trying to get icon for "mdf" files.