not listing all files in a folder

Get help for specific problems

cbarnett

I did a Compare on two folders. FFS found no duplicates between the two folders. However, in one of the folders, FFS did not list all of the files that were there. I am at a complete loss as to why this is the case. I expect that all files will be listed that are in the folder.

Plerry

FFS is a sync program, not a duplicate finder (which finds files with identical contents, in arbitrary locations, and having arbitrary file names).
FFS only compares files of identical file name, located in the same folder-tree location, relative to the left and right base location.
Running a Compare in FFS, by default only shows files that are not equal (based on the selected criteria: file size and date, or file contents) and require (sync) action.
By changing the view (mid below the Compare result window), you may also make the equal pairs visible via the "=" icon.
Files and folders that are not included via the Include Filter, or excluded via the Exclude filter are never shown, as those are not part of the sync.

cbarnett

Thanks for the quick answer. Clicking the "=" icon showed all the files in both folders. I didn't realize that FFS was not intended for finding dups, but I understand that now.