Error warning

Get help for specific problems

kRel

Hello . . .

the batch file *.ffs_batch, in what order is it executed?

From the first line at the top to go down to the bottom row, or on the contrary, from the bottom row to the top row?

I think from top to bottom, but the warning "some files will be synchronized as part of multiple base folders", confuses me, because if the unwinding of the file was from the first line to the top, it should not appear ....`

In any case, I do not understand the reasons for this warning because the first task, copy what is contained in C:\User\kRel to D:\Backup_Utenti\kRel - the second task copies what is contained in D:\BACKUP_UTENTI to E:\BACKUP_UTENTI and I don't see overlaps. . .
<Pair>
<Left>C:\Users\kRel</Left>
<Right>D:\BACKUP_UTENTI\kRel</Right>
<Filter>
..... some filter
</Filter>
</Pair>
<Pair>
<Left>D:\BACKUP_UTENTI</Left>
<Right>E:\BACKUP_UTENTI</Right>
</Pair>
Image\

I have read here : viewtopic.php?t=4318
and here: viewtopic.php?t=6302

Plerry

There is no predefined sequence in which FFSwill synchronize.
If sequence matters, like in your configurations, you can not run this in one sync, but instead as two consequetive syncs.
The warning FFS gives seems correct, as D:\BACKUP_UTENTI\kRel is part of D:\BACKUP_UTENTI, and therefore there is an overlap and thus risk of incorrect sync. There are multiple options:

- One way is to first run the C:\Users\kRel => D:\BACKUP_UTENTI\kRel sync and only then the D:\BACKUP_UTENTI => E:\BACKUP_UTENTI sync.
- If the kRel folder does not necessarily needs to be (also) synced to E:\BACKUP_UTENTI, you may define a local Exclude Filter rule for \kRel for the D:\BACKUP_UTENTI => E:\BACKUP_UTENTI pair.
- If the kRel folder must also be synced to E:\BACKUP_UTENTI, you may define three folder pairs to be run in a single sync.
1) C:\Users\kRel => D:\BACKUP_UTENTI\kRel
2) C:\Users\kRel => E:\BACKUP_UTENTI\kRel and
3) D:\BACKUP_UTENTI => E:\BACKUP_UTENTI and add \kRel to the local Exclude Filter of this pair.
you may then still get a warning (there is still an overlap of C:\Users\kRel), but you can then safely ignore that

Note, that if the D:\BACKUP_UTENTI\kRel folder contains files that are modified locally on D: instead of always on C:, only the solution mentioned under the first bullet can be used.

kRel

Good morning @PIerry and thank you.

Sorry if I didn't read your answer right away but I went on vacation for a week and on my return I had the usual commitments of returning.

I only read today and I hope you will read this letter of mine, at least for due response to your answer, to thank you for the help and the idea you gave me that I will write down below.

Three years ago when I created the batch file, I was convinced that FreeFileSync would run the batch file sequentially and thought it would run it from top to bottom. In truth, I still think so.

Starting from this belief, I stubborn in creating a first task that saved user data (documents, contacts, photos, music and many other data) on another drive (D:\ ........) - and for redundancy, immediately after, from drive D:\ to another drive E:\ .........

Without thinking (!) that I could have immediately created two tasks:
C:\Users\kRel ---> D:\BACKUP_UTENTI\kRel and
C:\Users\kRel ---> E:\BACKUP_UTENTI\kRel
with which you get the same result, but without error.

The solution is trivial in its simplicity. I didn't think about it immediately because as I said I was stubborn on a useless belief. But today - finally - I have remedied!

So thank you for your suggestion that made me think and put me on the right track.