RealtimeSync spawns an unlimited amount of RealtimeSync processes

Get help for specific problems

TheAncient

I am trying to keep 2 folders in sync. Folder1 is on Server1. Whenever something gets changed here, Folder2 on Server2 should also be changed such that both folders are identical.
To accomplish this, I tried to use RealtimeSync. I specified the SOURCE folder in the first line of RealtimeSync and the TARGET folder in the second line. The command line reads "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\RealtimeSync.exe" "S:\FS03-Data.ffs_real".
Once I hit the START button, there is no indication that anything is happening but if, 10 minutes later, I look at the task tray, there appear to be dozens of instances of RealtimeSync running. The longer I wait, the more instances of RealtimeSync appear in the task tray.
Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Plerry

The command line you mention is for invoking a (initial) RealTimeSync (RTS) instance.
The command line to be specified in the RTS GUI should launch a FreeFileSync sync instance, not a further RTS instance.
See the RTS command-line example in the RTS manual section.

TheAncient

Yup - that was the problem. It's funny how you can keep staring at something and you just never see it. All it takes is a fresh pair of eyes and the problem and its solution become obvious.