beware of misleading advertising

Get help for specific problems

fioruzzi

Hi, when you reach the FreeFileSync download page you find a big button Inizia qui (in english Start here, I suppose).
It isn't the good link, YOU FIND IT LOWER.
With the big button you are redirect to a site that sell you film, ebooks and so on, you have only TWO HOURS free, then they charge you 47.00€ every month.
Normally I am very careful to avoid bad advertising, but this time I was screwed.
The next page is more misleading, they say you Continua, download pronto (in english Go on, download ready), then you must create you account and then they ask you your credit card for a free registration. Lower, with very lowercase characters, they inform you that the free registration takes only two hours.
Then, ironically, having appreciated the FreeFileSync, I donate something to the organisation.
By myself, this isn't a good way to work...

xCSxXenon

Who doesn't have an adblocker at this point in the world

JDB

Hi,

"when you reach the FreeFileSync download page" ???

Anyone can post something that claims to be a FreeFileSync download page. What was the page you experienced?

Instead of whatever Google or Bing thing you stumbled on, just go to https://freefilesync.org/ so you don't get slobbered all over by ads and come-ons from shape-shifters.

-JDB

VladimirII

Right JDB. I don´t see any button or advertise on the official site https://freefilesync.org/download.php
Everything else your fault.

fioruzzi

Yes, now I understand what happened: I unblock AdBlock when I've seen your message: "The FreeFileSync project is 100% dependent on ad revenue..." but then the advertising was very aggressive, the START HERE button occupies almost the whole screen and you must press the PgDwn button to see the right one for the FreeFileSync download...
Bad Google job! :/

VladimirII

In the screen, how it looks for me.
Yes, even with goodwill to adds non show up, because the source of this adds is to say 'evil'. Thus will not be unblocked on any circumstances, sorry.

In an everything open test-environment 3 show up and you have to look for the right link.
Attachments
download page.png
download page.png (287.83 KiB) Viewed 822 times