Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Get help for specific problems

dlines

I recently started using FFS. Sometimes it seems to work well and other times I have issues. I am wondering if there is something that I need to clean up after I run FFS. The following are some of the issues I am seeing:
- I get errors about files with attribute issues, but the only difference I see is the capitalization of the files which is not what I see when I look in File Explorer at those files
- Some of file update of files does not find the extra files on the right that need to be deleted
- There are extra directories on the left that do not get copied over to the right on the same set of directories on different USB drives

Not sure what I might be doing incorrectly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

David

therube

As a start, what settings are you using?

dlines

So sorry for not supplying enough information. I am using FFS 11.0. The settings I have on this particular setup is using:
- 'File time and size'
- Include = *
- Exclude =
\System Volume Information\
\$Recycle.Bin\
\RECYCLE?\
*\thumbs.db
- Synchronization
Item exists on left side only --> Copy new item to right
Left side is newer --> Update right item
Conflict/item cannot be categorized --> Leave as unresolved conflict
Right side is newer --> Do nothing
Item exists on right side only --> Do nothing
Is there any other information that I left out?

(My apologies for not being quite sure how to format the lists and quoted information.)

David

xCSxXenon

"Item exists on right side only --> Do nothing"
You don't have it set to delete anything on the right(destination) if it doesn't exist on the left(source)
But, sounds like you are using multiple sources for the same destination?? So you don't want that to happen anyway? You can't have it both ways