Version 11 error in FTP

Get help for specific problems

el_sabio_

Since I installed version 11 (Donation edition) I get an error in FTPS ...
This error does not occur to me with the previous version, so at the moment I am working with the previous version and I am not enjoying the paid version (donation edition).

Error:
CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR: OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL
150 Opening data channel for directory listing of "/" [curl_easy_perform]
Site Admin

Zenju

It seems libcurl FTP is again buggy in their latest version. I'm able to reproduce incredible slow speed and intermittent errors when "explicit SSL/TLS" is selected.

el_sabio_

Yes, this is the problem.
How can I download an older version of FFS with the Donate edition options to take advantage of their benefits while the problem is being solved? Or wait for next libcurl FTP update and fix.
Thanks Zenju.
Site Admin

Zenju

Found it. libcurl is broken since 7.71 already, caused by this commit: https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/f002c850d98dc2dbed34d6547a38a6c0b4c89e10

el_sabio_

It works perfectly. You are a genius.

el_sabio_

Same problem when upgrading to version 11.12

tom775

Yes, I have the same problem with 11.12

el_sabio_

Do you know if this is going to be fixed in version 11.13?

tom775

I don't know. In the forum I was only referred to an old version where the problem should not occur. However, the forum link for this old version no longer works. Also, it would be way better if in a current version this problem is fixed. I am currently looking around for more reliable software.

el_sabio_

FFS is very reliable software. You can download older versions at: https://freefilesync.org/archive.php Zenju is sure to be working on fixing the problem (the problem seems to be Libcurl's). What FTP software are you using? I use Filezilla server but I have the problem that it does not synchronize well the modified files with upper or lower case. What do you recommend in these cases, what software and system to use?

tom775

I found SyncBack Free. This could be more reliable. Besides, there are plenty of other alternatives.