Setup Mac to WD Cloud Backup

Get help for specific problems

Harvester

Hey there,

After WD sync was constantly disappointing and now also has been discontinued I have heard that FFS is a great and better alternative than the original product.

Having had a look around in the app I find things easy to use and straight forward. However I struggle to set up a sync between my mac and my WD Cloud.
I see that in windows you just mount the drive and done. In mac it seems to not work. When I select the drive from my mount it just shows up as /volumes/
This directory seems to not to be found by FFS (ENOENT: No such file or directory [lstat])

Any Idea how I can set this up easy? I must not be the first trying to connect a mac with a wddrive
Thanks alot.

xCSxXenon

The volumes directory usually lists the different network shares available on the device, the WD Cloud for you. there should be folder(s) you can choose in that volumes directory

Harvester

Thanks so much for your quick response. Turns out I tried to back up to an old folder filled by WD Sync. And that is what caused the error, so I was actually in the right place (thanks for confirming this).

I just deleted the old one and could easy re-copy it through FFS.

Now I am slowly getting to know settings and stuff... I like it!

Is there a option on MAC to run the batch once a change happened? I guess more like a Realtime Sync option?

xCSxXenon

You would just use RTS, correct

Harvester

I'm sorry but I can't find a description on using RTS with a MAC. The manual seems to only have one for Windows.

xCSxXenon

Can you open RTS. IT should look and function the same

Harvester

Oh, I was looking for the install file but it is already installed! Thanks a lot!