Thank you message

Discuss new features and functions

tokyojerry

Hi Zenju.
I just read through your Vision message (2014?) which explained your philosophical thinking on the creation of FreeFileSync when interviewed by SoundForge. I just want to take a moment to say thank you for the creation of this application. I have made a donation albeit small, as a token gesture to your effort I have not used it for very long but what I have experienced thus far it is very good, simple and intuitive. I've tried others like Alway Sync, I think was one of them. But, it was slow as molasses to me. I reckon maybe because it is not multi-threaded as FFF is. I uninstalled it and returned to FFF and have been using it since.

I took note in your Vision that you said Smartphone support is coming but that MTP is already here and now. I just tried that with my Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro over USB-C to USB-A (computer). When I tried to do a drag and drop, I only get a big 'X' mark when I attempt to set up a sync operation. I reckon this ability is still not incorporated into FFF as of this date.

BTW, does the Zenju in Zen have any thing to do with Zen Buddhism? Just an ad-hoc curiosity that caught my attention being a long term resident of Japan. Thanks again and keep up the pedantically (learned a new word from you :-) ) focussed work. Cheers, Jerry. Tokyo, Japan