SFTP fails on copy to server where wrong case but right directory

Get help for specific problems

andrewheard

using Windows FFS 11.4 on source
Raspberry Pi Linux on destination
demo SFTP source C:\test\
demo SFTP destination sftp://volumio@192.168.20.19:22/test|zlib|pass64=dm9sdW1pbw==

if there is a destination directory sftp://volumio@192.168.20.19:22/test/MIXED case/
BUT I copy from source folder C:/test/mixed case/
compare (F5) works OK
but an error msgbox is displayed after a delay when sync (F9) is attempted, msgbox text:
----------------------
Cannot move file
"sftp://192.168.20.19/test/MIXED case" to
"sftp://192.168.20.19/test/MIXED case".

LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL: SFTP Protocol Error - LIBSSH2_FX_FAILURE [libssh2_sftp_rename]
----------------------
If I manually correct the case of the Windows folder name and/or Linux directory name, the sync works correctly. Happy new year.
Site Admin

Zenju

Did you copy and paste the error message? "Cannot move [...] MIXED case to [...] MIXED case" doesn't make sense.

Are you able to reproduce the error?

I assume your base directory pair is
sftp://volumio@192.168.20.19:22/test
C:/test

andrewheard

Hi Zenju. Thanks for your reply. I edited the directory names in my report because the actual directory pairs had more personal information in them. So the msgbox is not an exact literal copy/ paste, however the intent and character case is the same. I'm sure I could reproduce the error if needed.

"Cannot move [...] MIXED case to [...] MIXED case" doesn't make sense. - well that was the msgbox text!
Site Admin

Zenju

I'm sure I could reproduce the error if needed. andrewheard, 03 Jan 2021, 20:50
Can you list the steps that got you to this peculiar error message? Also a few screenshots would be helpful.

andrewheard

I started a simple test scenario from scratch with 2 folder names with same case, then renamed either side, but after many attempts I couldn't reproduce the error. I certainly didn't imagine the error but unsure how to reproduce it now sorry. Thanks for your interest.