Copying Source Directory with subsequent files & SUB Directories with files..........

Get help for specific problems

AndyM

Copying Source Directory with subsequent files & SUB Directories with files..ie: C:\AndyM\Data1\*.* Lots of files)
to target D:\

Literally copies all files in the header directory from "C:\AndyM" & Subsequent directories(folders) & files therein.
Fabulous ........ I thought?

What actually happened is because I took it literally (Don't assume Andrew, I say to myself) FIleSync would copy over the header directory "AndyM" into the root directory of the target.........hence creating an exact copy...........what actually occurs is it copied the data of AndyM putting into the root directory of the target drive D:\(data files lots of)
\Data1 (Data files lots of

Great but I flooded the root directory
Too Conclude do I take it that.........in order to make a direct copy of my target directory .
I need to create the same name of my target directory on the Target drive....?
Please advise - Thanking you all in pensive anticipation
AndyM

Plerry

FreeFileSync (FFS) syncs the contents of the left base location to the right base location or vice-versa, retaining the file and folder structure within those base locations.
So, yes, if your left base location is C:\AndyM\Data1\ and your right base location is D:\, a left-to-right sync will copy the content of C:\AndyM\Data1\ into (the root of) D:\
That is what you told it to do ...

If you want FFS to use the same folder structure on D: as on C:, you should
• Specify your left base location as C:\AndyM\Data1\ and your right base location as D:\AndyM\Data1\
If D:\AndyM\Data1\ does not yet exist, FFS will ask you if it should create it for you.
or
• Specify your left base location as C:\ and your right base location as D:\ and change your Include Filter (F7) from * (everything) into \AndyM\Data1\* (everything in \AndyM\Data1\)

AndyM

Thank you,,,,,,,,,, just like to be sure,,,,,,,,thanks again