slow network sync

Get help for specific problems

doscustompc

I have a server upstairs linked via gigabit ethernet
It is running windows 10 pro 64 2004
with 2 4tb magnetic drives setup as a storage space mirrored

this network drive is added on my main desktop downstairs running w10 pro 64 2004

if I sync from here to the server using ffs I get regular pauses where the rate drops to 0 bytes a second for 5-10 seconds this happens from a solid state or magnetic on the source
then it starts again
I have donated the £20 and tried using parallel file operations it seems to help a bit but still does it and really slows down syncs

most of the files are either video files over 1gb, audio files over 100mb, or raw photos around 15mb

I have looked and cannot find any network congestion - max transfer speeds seem to be about 50MB per second

If i transfer a file using copy paste file size of 3.9gb then transfer speed is 95MB per second from magnetic to the magnetic mirror

Any Ideas?

xCSxXenon

Check system resources on both machines during transfer. SMART health sounds okay if you can get 95MB/s on a file explorer copy. Look for antivirus resource usage. You can try FFS again and disable realtime protection temporarily also. What if the FFS is syncing the other way, from the server to your local machine?