CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE: server did not report OK, got 450

Get help for specific problems

sjcw

Server is a Plesk Linux (Plesk Obsidian 18.0.34) Debian 10 x64 based

Windows 10 Pro x64 version 20H2 19042.868

12:17:24 PM Error: Cannot write file "ftp://my-server-here/test-sync/file-here.anything".
CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE: server did not report OK, got 450
450 Transfer aborted. Link to file server lost [curl_easy_perform]
12:17:24 PM Error: Stopped

I read some threads on here and tried adding an exclusion for Windows Defender for the entire C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\ folder, but but this still happens. I even tried turning off Defender for a bit and it was the same thing.

It seems to transfer the entire size of the file (tried putting a few different file sizes in the folder) and then throws this error after it has sent all the data. Even on retries it sends the entire payload of the file before it fails - i.e. 2.4 MB file sends 2.4 MB then fails, then second go the transfer shows 4.8 MB, etc, but continues to fail with 450 error.

I have tried FileZilla to copy the same files to the same directory with the same user credentials and it works just fine. I've tried files that are 1-2 MB and ones that are 300+ MB, same issue.

While logged in with FileZilla I can actually see the file size going up on the remote server as I refresh, so I know it's connecting fine.

I tried the File Size Comparison, no change.

I tried the fail-safe copy setting on and off, no change.

Is there any file where I can change more specifics regarding how the connection is made i.e. the CURLE settings themselves or the Implicit vs Explicit TLS/SSL? The server requires a secure connection as it is Internet-facing, so will not connect with unencrypted link.

Any thoughts?

sjcw

I guess this isn't a common problem eh?

sjcw

I wanted to circle back to this if anyone else comes across this issue, and I found out how to enable SFTP (SSH) on Plesk.

I was under the impression that Plesk does not support SFTP (SSH). In fact if one goes Domains, clicks a domain they have setup, click on FTP Access, then select the main user for the domain (can't do this for other users on the domain, only primary). Then under Access to the server over SSH you can select /bin/bash (chrooted). This will allow the user to use SFTP!
Note just below it says "Access to the server over SSH with system user's credentials."
This works flawlessly for me with FreeFileSync and is very fast.
According to Google most of the documentation for Plesk states it does not support SFTP, only FTPS. FTPS did not work with FreeFileSync due to the errors posted previously.

Hopefully this helps someone else who is looking to use a Plesk host as a place to sync their files to on a regular basis.

Now if only FreeFileSync could adopt encrypting files prior to transit, it would be a viable replacement for AllWay Sync =)