Cannot read file attributes of "gdrive:\xxxxx"

Discuss new features and functions

vincent11515

FreeFileSync version:11.8(64bit donate version)

This problem is weird.Most of the file can be downloaded from google drive.
But the bug occur when program read some particular files from google drive.

Log:
Cannot read file attributes of "gdrive:\xxxx\lossless music\TANOC REMIXES 4\07 - TanoC Remixes 4 - DJ Genki Feat. Yukacco - HE110 (Massive New Krew Remix).wav".
Cannot find "gdrive:\xxxx@st.cjshs.tn.edu.tw\lossless music\TANOC REMIXES 4\07 - TanoC Remixes 4 - DJ Genki Feat. Yukacco - HE110 (Massive New Krew Remix).wav". The name "07 - TanoC Remixes 4 - DJ Genki Feat. Yukacco - HE110 (Massive New Krew Remix).wav" is used by more than one item in the folder.

Cannot read file attributes of "gdrive:\xxxx\lossless music\TANOC REMIXES 4\07 - TanoC Remixes 4 - DJ Genki Feat. Yukacco - HE110 (Massive New Krew Remix).wav".
Cannot find "gdrive:\xxxx\lossless music\TANOC REMIXES 4\07 - TanoC Remixes 4 - DJ Genki Feat. Yukacco - HE110 (Massive New Krew Remix).wav". The name "07 - TanoC Remixes 4 - DJ Genki Feat. Yukacco - HE110 (Massive New Krew Remix).wav" is used by more than one item in the folder.

What should I do when I meet this problem.

vincent11515

vincent11515

I found why this bug happen.
I found that there are two file both have same name in the same folder in Google Drive.
I delete one and It work well.

xCSxXenon

Wouldn't have thought about that possibility! Good looking

Plerry

Quite remarkable that you can even create two files that have identical names in one and the same folder ...

vincent11515

Quite remarkable that you can even create two files that have identical names in one and the same folder ... Plerry, 31 Mar 2021, 08:35
I don't know why I make a stupid mistake that creating two files both with same name.But the thing is that
Google Drive allow me to do that.

I tested what will happen when I create two folders and two files both with same name in Google Drive Website.
And both of them cause Cannot read file attributes of "gdrive:\xxxxx".

vincent11515

Wouldn't have thought about that possibility! Good looking xCSxXenon, 30 Mar 2021, 15:09
Anything could happen when release a program to a stupid user like me.XD

xCSxXenon

That's just poor software design honestly. From a technical side, it causes issues as we've seen here. From an individual side, why would anybody intentionally have two files with the same names??

vincent11515

That's just poor software design honestly. From a technical side, it causes issues as we've seen here. From an individual side, why would anybody intentionally have two files with the same names?? xCSxXenon, 01 Apr 2021, 14:03
In my opinion,I think it's possible when user want to overwrite the previous file in google drive website.
They don't notice that Google Drive create the file with same name with version tag instead of overwriting the previous file.