Feature Request: F2 to rename file / folder when comparing

Discuss new features and functions

christiandull

It would be great to directly able to rename a file / folder with F2 when comparing.

Otherwise, i have to exclude the file / folder from the sync, then open the folder where the file / folder is and rename it. Then run compare again or sync it next time. When you have to change many file / folder names then that cost much time. A rename function would be great.

Or is there such function at the moment? F2 have no effect and i also find nothing at the right click context menu.
Attachments
FFS - F2 for Rename.png
FFS - F2 for Rename.png (44.39 KiB) Viewed 2348 times

Plerry

Renaming a file or folder is not a normal synchronization task.
However, if you run a Two-way (or optionally a Mirror) sync variant, FFS does/can Detect Moved Files.
You can then do the renaming of files and folders in any suitable/convenient tool.

christiandull

I understand, but it would be useful.

At the moment i found a not perfect way to rename a file. I take from ffs the path and then open a AutoHotkey gui to rename the file. Then i exclude the file from sync. At the next compare it appears with the new name and i don't need to open a file explorer for the rename.

To rename it in ffs would be perfect for me.
Site Admin

Zenju

Manual file and folder rename will be available in the next FreeFileSync version:
viewtopic.php?t=6618#p40070