Suggestion for Pricing

Discuss new features and functions

OLLI_S

Hello,

I am using FreeFileSync for many many years now and I always bought the Donation Edition (€20 per year).
This licence can be installed on 3 different machines.

But I am using FreeFileSync only on one PC (to make a backup of my data to an external HDD).
So I am suggesting, that you offer also a cheaper license for just one PC (like 15 Euro).

Best regards

OLLI

ArminW

+1 for this suggestion, because I am also using FFS on one PC.
With cheaper prices I will definitely donate to support the project.

OLLI_S

Hello @Zenju,

will you consider cheaper prices (or a longer time period for the same price) when users buy only one license?

Best regards

OLLI

Zimmster

FreeFileSync Donation Edition can be purchased for 1 USD, ONE roll of toilet PAPER.
If you need new features, 6 months later you donate again ONE dollar and so on....

OLLI_S

Hello @Zimmster,

Just to get your suggestion right:
When the donation period expires, I should continue using FreeFileSync without paying (ans hopefully without any limitations).
And when some weeks later a new version of FreeFileSync is released, I simply donate 1 US$ to get the new donor version and install it.
I continue this way from update to update and save money.

This will really lower the costs of FreeFileSync.
But I would prefer have a reduced donation price for the usage on one PC (for 20 US$ I get 1.5 years or 2 years).

Best regards

OLLI

xCSxXenon

You can do that, the only thing that you will lose out on is the email notifications, as that requires an active donation period. There may be another thing, but I don't recall currently.

OLLI_S

Thank you for your answer, but I am not using email notifications.
But as I wrote above: I would love to get a longer period when I am using FreeFileSync on just one device.

ArminW

Any plans that the prices will be dependent of the number of clients?
I really love the suggestion!