Can't Reverse Sync on Ubuntu 20+

Get help for specific problems

Jerry

I use FreeFileSync (FFS) to syncrhonize between my cellphone data and my laptop data: files in a certain directory which I keep on both devices, and I work on these files on both devices (although not at the same time).

Syncronization works fine mirroring from my phone (left side of FFS window) to my laptop (right side of FFS window).

However the reverse syncrhonization is horrible. When I try to go from my laptop (now on left side of FFS window) to my cellphone (now on right side of FFS window), I get an error message and not only is the updated file not copied from my laptop to my cellphone, but the old file gets deleted on my cellphone.

How can I fix this, please? I need to be able to sync in both directions. Attached is a screenshot of the error. Also worth noting: I only started having this error when I upgraded my OS to Ubuntu 20.04 and 20.10 (now I'm on the latter). Before that FFS worked fine for me in both directions on Ubuntu 16.04 and I believe 18.04 also.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-04-12 19-33-04.png
Screenshot from 2021-04-12 19-33-04.png (218.19 KiB) Viewed 740 times

Jerry

Nevermind; I may have to install an older version of Ubuntu due to other issues with the latest release.