Not syncing second pair of directories (unless I sync twice)

Get help for specific problems

dontwannaregister

Hi,
I've set up two pairs of directories to sync, and a Windows Task to wake my computer, do the sync, and put the computer back to sleep. That works fine. However, there is a weird problem.

The two directory pairs are as follows:
1) Mirror the entire "My Documents" folder to my F: Drive, in a folder "My Documents Full Backup"
2) Mirror the entire F: Drive to my H: Drive

I have them set in that order. (1) appears above (2) in the program window.

When I sync, the My Documents folder goes to the F: Drive, but it never makes it to the H: Drive. However, if I sync a second time immediately after the first one is done, the files finally do get copied from F: to H:

I'm guessing this happens because the Compare phase happens at the start before the mirroring, so the program doesn't know that by the time F: copies to H:, there will be new data on F:.

For now, the "solution" would be to create a second Windows Task to sync again right after the first one, but 1) I can't predict how long the first sync will take, and 2) it seems silly, and I don't want to do it.

So, if my guess is correct, then is there a way to run Compare(1), then Sync(1), and only then Compare(2), then Sync(2)?

Or, alternatively, is there a way to run Compare(all), Sync(all), Compare(all), Sync(all), in a single batch job? (in other words, run the sync twice before putting my computer to sleep)

Thanks!

Plerry

Your "guess" is spot-on, and (in my view) the present FFS performance makes perfect sense.
There seem to be several ways to solve your "problem"

A) Likely the simplest. Instead of defining two left-right folder pairs
1) left: My Documents => right: F:\My Documents Full Backup and
2) F:\ => H:\
use three folder pairs
1) left: My Documents => right: F:\My Documents Full Backup
2) left: My Documents => right: H:\My Documents Full Backup
3) left: F:\ => right: H:\ ,
while adding \My Documents Full Backup\ to the Exclude Filter

B) Run a first FFS sync
left: My Documents => right: F:\My Documents Full Backup
and in the Sync Settings (F8) define a command to be run on completion.
This command should then launch your second FFS sync that syncs
left: F:\ => right: H:\
For the command to use, see Command Line Usage

dontwannaregister

That did it, thank you!