ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED [CopyFileEx]

Get help for specific problems

FaidonKourounakis

Trying to sync (two way) some folders between desktop and a usb ([sync]) with RealTimeSync, which i use to sync between a windows and a linux laptop.

Every single time I get this Access Denied error on .ffs_tmp files.
Anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?
Do i have to give administrative rights to RealTimeSync? How would I do that on startup in windows (in linux i guess I would add sudo in front of the startup command?)

xCSxXenon

RTS does not perform any syncing functionality, so you will need to be more precise. Is the USB the intermediary between the Linux machine and Windows machine? What is the full error message? Pictures are best

FaidonKourounakis

Well ok. to clarify I meant that, it seems to me that, the FFS needs more permissions and that I would have to run it as administrator (in windows). But because I run this task with RTS (which launches on startup, as I have pasted a shortcut of RTS in the startup folder) I assumed I would have to give admin rights to RTS somehow in that startup folder (which idk how to do).

Yes the usb is a bridge between the two machines.

I have managed to bypass the errors by excluding those ffs_temp files (*.ffs_temp) but I don't know what the implications of this method are (as I don't know what the purpose of .ffs_temp s are)

By creating a test.txt in my synced folder (on the windows pc drive), even without the exclude *.ffs_temp filter I did not get to reproduce the error. And I was unlucky enough to break the linux laptop's screen so I won't be able to test it there for now.

Conclusion:
Thank you for the quick reply,
and whoever has this problem can just exclude the .ffs_temp files I guess.

xCSxXenon

There is a setting called "fail-safe file copy" that uses these .ffs_temp files. It is FFS that would need the higher permissions, but it is very weird that you have a location to can write the files themselves, but not the temp file. I bet a screenshot of the error would provide more details

EmmJim

Same mistake... what can I do? The w10 is in Portuguese, but I think you can understand

But FileSyn is running with admin rights
Attachments
Error
Error
2021-07-19 165327.jpg (32.59 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
Administrator rigths
Administrator rigths
2021-07-19 165202.jpg (87.87 KiB) Viewed 1313 times

xCSxXenon

What if you disable "fail-safe file copy"