Sync two PCs via Google Drive

Get help for specific problems

PaulCB

I use FFS to sync my desktop and laptop PCs (Two-Way) on my home network. However, I want to be able to sync via Google Drive - i.e. to work on my laptop, sync to a Google Drive folder before shutting down, and then later sync my desktop to that same Google Drive folder (without having to power up the laptop). I thought I had this working - BUT I found that if I changed a document on one PC, synced the folder on Google Drive, then tried to sync the other PC to the Google Drive folder, FFS would flag the document with "Both sides have changed since last synchronization" and not automatically sync it. Someone proposed on this forum nearly ten years ago an option to "Always overwrite old files" (ie sync purely on time & date, not relative to a database). Does such an option exist? NB I'm very much a non-expert.

xCSxXenon

Well in this case, that means you made changes to that document on both computers. FFS behaves the way you are experiencing so that there is no data loss. If the option you are looking for actually existed, that would mean you could work on the document for hours on your laptop, then hours on your desktop, and one of those will be lost. Your problem can be solved by running a sync before switching devices

PaulCB

Yes, I can see that it's a risky option, and I guess I'll have to live without it. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.