Cannot read file

Get help for specific problems

jimmyfarmer123

I connected an external hard drive to my router and am trying to use FFS for my backing up needs.
Basically I'm backing up my "documents", "videos", "pictures" and "downloads" folders on two laptops and a desktop. Each computer backs up to the same folder on the external hard drive so essentially I have access to all of the same files locally on each computer. I've been really busy and haven't really had much time to mess around with this for quite some time. If my memory is correct, the very first time I ran FFS on each computer it worked fine but now if I run FFS on any of the computers I get the following error, not for every file but for a lot of them:

Cannot read file "/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:domain=HOMEGROUP,server=192.168.0.1,share=pictures,user=admin/Mike/Locates/DSC_8229.JPG".

EINVAL: Invalid argument [read]

I'm running Linux Mint on each computer.

Anyone have any idea what is happening here?

hermanthemexican

Same here, it is happening just now, it was fine a few days ago.

Starts with this message with one file:

Cannot delete file "/Volumes/El ocho/CloudStation/PERSONAL PHOTO WORK/AAA RAWS (new)/NEW RAWS 201-205/NEW RAWS 203/2021/08/01/080121-76815~c7b2.ffs_tmp".

EINVAL: Invalid argument [unlink]

and then continues with this other message for many files:

Cannot write file "/Volumes/El ocho/CloudStation/PERSONAL PHOTO WORK/AAA RAWS (new)/NEW RAWS 201-205/NEW RAWS 203/2021/08/01/080121-76815~3c0d.ffs_tmp".

EINVAL: Invalid argument [open]

Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank you.