Donation edition is 20$ per year?

Discuss new features and functions

Grendizer

The Donation edition is 20$ per year? That's what I understand from this page : https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#donation-edition.
I'd have prefered to pay a bit more and get a lifetime license. Paying 20$ per year is a bit too expensive IMO.

xCSxXenon

No lifetime option

Louiscar

I'd have prefered to pay a bit more and get a lifetime license. Paying 20$ per year is a bit too expensive IMO. Grendizer, 19 Jun 2021, 07:56
We may prefer it but in fairness to this system the donation copies you get are forever unlocked, they do not "expire" and that means that for the most part you can wait for some period until you think there have been enough updates to warrant paying again. I personally like this model although I'm not one for subscriptions but this not a subscription, it's fee (if you will) in exchange for a time frame for downloading updates and it is only the updates of the non-free versions which will stop when that runs out.

Also given that this author never stops updating this wonderful piece of software , at very regular intervals,
the donations are the least we can do to make sure that stays that way.