Help creating a batch job

Get help for specific problems

allen001

I have just downloaded ffs and want to update a folder that is on my C:drive to a folder called ffs on my E: drive. I understand how to schedule it using task scheduler, but cannot find anywhere that describes how to create the sync file batch job. On the video on Batch jobs, the icon that is used for creating a batch job (under Configuration on top left) is different to mine: the one on my version has a disk with the icon above it, whereas on the video, there is no disk. (Attached)
I am sure there must be a dummies guide to doing something as basic as writing and saving a batch job, but I cannot find it.
Thanks.
Attachments
ffs.JPG
ffs.JPG (8.75 KiB) Viewed 670 times

xCSxXenon

Ah yes, that change was made somewhat recently. The single 'save as' button was split up. The picture you attached is the save button for batch jobs

allen001

Thanks. I am still in the dark as to how to create a simple batch file that updates a folder that is on my C:drive to a folder called ffs on my E: drive. An example would be most useful.

xCSxXenon

Select your source "C:\xxxxxx" on the left location, select your destination "E:\ffs" on the right side, click the blue gear icon above to browse through the settings. Once everything is set, you can save that as the batch job.
https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=freefilesync

allen001

Thanks. Very helpful.