Feature request - filters for RTS monitored folders

Discuss new features and functions

deputy-fritter

It would be very useful if some simple filters were made available for the folders monitored by RealTimeSync.

I have a sync job in FreeFileSync which excludes a number of temporary files generated by various applications. With RTS setup to monitor the folders of interest, it triggers the FFS job when these very same temp files that I am not interested in are modified. This means that a job is run every few minutes with a result of "Nothing to synchronize".

I'm trying to take advantage of my external drive enclosure's ability to sleep the drives after a period of inactivity. I live in a hot country and the drives regularly operate above 55C, so I would prefer to have them sleep to protect them from prolonged periods at higher temperatures when I'm not at the machine. With RTS triggering jobs every few minutes, it prevents the above from working as it should.

I know I could reduce the scope of monitored folders in RTS to exclude those where temporary files are generated, but this would mean modifying the config to monitor 20+ subfolders instead of the single top level one.