[Bug] [Linux] Colors not respecting theme

Discuss new features and functions

Konzertheld

Hello everyone,

this topic has come up several times already but has not been solved / answered... so I'll add my specific case with some more information to avoid necrobumping.

I use FreeFileSync 11.13 on Manjaro Linux (which is based on Arch) with Gnome. Some colors in FreeFileSync never change, no matter if I use a normal, light or dark theme, leaving some labels unreadable. Most noticably are the two big buttons Compare and Sync, which do a) not have consistent colors at all and b) never change text color no matter what theme, making them unreadable in parts, depending on the buttons' background color. Also, most labels for options are always black, making them unreadable with dark themes.

This is most likely not a theme issue. The themes I tested are the default Manjaro themes, so they are of the highest quality one can get (Adwaita and Matcha). I have zero issues with other applications. Also, some of the labels in the options do regard colors, rendering them inconsistent (see second screenshot).

Please check if those items do indeed get their color from the theme.

Thanks,
Christian

Konzertheld

The forum ate my attachments.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-09-01 21-02-47.png
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-09-01 21-02-47.png (213.67 KiB) Viewed 818 times
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-09-01 21-15-24.png
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-09-01 21-15-24.png (65.47 KiB) Viewed 818 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Most noticably are the two big buttons Compare and Sync, which do a) not have consistent colors at all and b) never change text color no matter what theme, making them unreadable in parts, depending on the buttons' background color. Also, most labels for options are always black, making them unreadable with dark themes. Konzertheld, 01 Sep 2021, 19:17
The comparison big button label uses wxSYS_COLOUR_BTNTEXT, the smaller subtitle wxSYS_COLOUR_GRAYTEXT, as do all the description texts. The sync button is disabled until after comparison is done, therefore also uses wxSYS_COLOUR_GRAYTEXT.
Unless there is some bug/issue in wxWidgets, this looks more like a theme issue not considering wxSYS_COLOUR_GRAYTEXT.
Site Admin

Zenju

bug.png
bug.png (17.31 KiB) Viewed 802 times
Small bug: The white label text should be black, because the background color is hardcoded. Fixed.

straightshooter

I just donated and on my Linux (Debian Bullseye) version 11.16 the interface is terrible. White text on very light grey background. I've looked in the .css .rc .xml files and there seems to be no place to change the theme or correct this issue.

Help is appreciated.