Sync from OneDrive to NAS

Discuss new features and functions

dohnts@hotmail.com

We have been using OneDrive to store all of our data but I would like to be able to sync OneDrive data to my NAS for a local backup copy. I have tried using the simple approach of syncing my File Explorer OneDrive link to the network drive link to the NAS but it doesn't seem to work properly. I have used and donated to FreeFileSync for many years and think it is a great product for local network applications but it seems that it isn't suited to OneDrive to local storage compatible. I hope someone has done it successfully and can help.
Thanks in advance.

Plerry

I have no problem syncing my local OneDrive (for Business) folder and its subfolder to a (Synology) NAS-share using FFS.
Do you have a problem referring to your OneDrive folder or to your NAS share?
I refer to my OneDrive folder as
C:\Users\[username]\OneDrive - xxxx
where OneDrive - xxxx is the name of the OneDrive folder as it shows up in Windows Explorer in my user specific folder
I refer to my NAS share as a mapped drive N:\ or by its (NAS) IP-address, e.g.
\\[NAS-IP]\[NAS-sharename] , optionally followed by a folder-path within the NAS sharename.

xCSxXenon

viewtopic.php?t=7101
viewtopic.php?t=8642

The only safe way I could recommend is to turn off "On-demand files" in OneDrive so all the files are actually locally stored. Without that FFS will throw an error about the cloud service not running or available.

dohnts@hotmail.com

Thanks Plerry. I have it set up like you say. I have tried using the share name as well as creating a network drive for the NAS and both fail. As there are no actual files stored in the OneDrive link I guess FFS can't copy it across.

dohnts@hotmail.com

viewtopic.php?t=7101
viewtopic.php?t=8642

The only safe way I could recommend is to turn off "On-demand files" in OneDrive so all the files are actually locally stored. Without that FFS will throw an error about the cloud service not running or available. xCSxXenon, 20 Sep 2021, 14:15
This kind of defeats the purpose if all the files are loaded to a network PC hard drive just to then copy to the NAS. I will try it and see how it goes.

xCSxXenon

I understand fully, I was just providing a 'solution' with current functionality