RealTimeSync WSL2 Errrors

Get help for specific problems

jackofspades707

Basically, I'm trying to sync all my backups together, and since I do most of my development work within WSL2, I have a lot of things located on that virtual ext4 filesystem that I'd like to sync automatically every so often.

The problem I'm assuming is, it's attempting to use `ReadDirectoryChangesW` which I'm assuming is a windows exclusive kernel feature, which doesn't know how to interact with EXT3/EXT4. (Although, since it's a virtual drive, notsure if this is actually the problem)

So I decided to map my WSL 'drive' as a network drive and try doing that, If I look at the filesystem for the network drive, it says P9. I'm unfamiliar with that filesystem, but I figured it might work now? No dice.

Error msgs:
```
Cannot monitor directory "\\wsl$\Arch\home".

ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION: Incorrect function. [ReadDirectoryChangesW]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cannot monitor directory "A:\home".
ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION: Incorrect function. [ReadDirectoryChangesW]
```

Are there any plans for addressing this?
This software seems great so far and way better than my handwritten solution :) <3

NOTE: I have Windows integration disabled via WSL, but I'd be a bit surprised if that would matter. (If you use WSL and a terminal more modern than zsh, you should do this to fix your auto-completion and such being painstakingly slow)

Workaround for anyone interested:
Running the batch job works just fine. Just schedule it to run every week/month with windows task scheduler.

Corgi_Doggo

Same issue and also same use case 😀 Thanks for the workaround 👍