ERROR_UNEXP_NET_ERR:An unexpected network error occurred. [CopyFileEx]

Get help for specific problems

gtandzi

Hi Zenju - I think my problem is probably related to this. I've been trying to copy a largish folder to a new share folder on a Synology NAS (DSM 7). I already had a sync set up to a different shared folder on the same NAS, which works fine. But with this sync (which is just the other sync job modified with a different source and different destination) I continually get this error message: ERROR_UNEXP_NET_ERR:An unexpected network error occurred. [CopyFileEx].
Any thoughts?
Attachments
FreeFileSync A.jpg
FreeFileSync A.jpg (141.6 KiB) Viewed 1499 times

gtandzi

Follow up (Slightly embarrassed) - I've fixed the problem - when I set up the new shared folder on the Synology NAS it automatically created a #recycle bin, which I had to filter out in FreeFileSync. As soon as I did that it started working perfectly.
Site Admin

Zenju

Follow up (Slightly embarrassed) - I've fixed the problem - when I set up the new shared folder on the Synology NAS it automatically created a #recycle bin, which I had to filter out in FreeFileSync. As soon as I did that it started working perfectly. gtandzi, 06 Oct 2021, 21:38
That sounds totally unrelated to ERROR_UNEXP_NET_ERR.

gtandzi

I did wonder about that - but don't know enough about it, so was just grateful that it started to work reliably. Are there any other test you would like me to carry out (in the interest of sorting out potential bugs)?