Sync w/OneDrive - "Cannot read file"

Get help for specific problems

MattG

I don't know why but after having used FreeFileSync successfully for several years now, I'm getting an error message during a sync between an external drive and OneDrive. Obviously this is a file that OneDrive is using. I shut down OneDrive and deleted the file but it came back and will not sync.

The error message reads:

Cannot read file
"Y:\OneDrive\.8492890-D378-W7894-" (left out all the characters as it's not really relevant)

The file is locked by another process:
Microsoft OndeDrive [C:\Program Files\Microsoft...

I seem to remember I had this problem before and I somehow resolved it, but, I don't know how I did and I'm not 100% certain. Anyway.

Is there a way to add this file, or files like it, to the filter so they're ignored? Or is this something new that OneDrive is doing?

Thank you for your help!

-Matt

MattG

I did review the FAQ https://freefilesync.org/faq.php and noticed the 'Copy locked files'. I have confirmed that this option is not enabled on my software. So, it shouldn't be trying to copy a locked file afaik.

xCSxXenon

I also had this issue, I excluded that file because it seems to be an identifier that OneDrive uses. Right-click it in the compare window and exclude it from the context menu that pops up.