Suggestion to Improve RealTimeSync

Discuss new features and functions

Radish

OS = Windows 7 Pro. x64 SP1
RealTimeSync Build: Apr 16 2017 - Unicode x64

I tried RealTimeSync for the first time today to see if I could help someone that was having problems with it. As part of doing that I created a ".ffs_batch" file to use with RealTimeSync. Once I had finished the testing I wanted to do I closed down RealTimeSync and then deleted the batch file I made while testing.

Later I decided to look at RealTimeSync again and, to my surprise, found that the settings used for my initial test were still present (even though I had deleted the batch file). I looked for a way to clear that data from RealTimeSync but couldn't find anyway to do this. After a little bit of investigation I found that the settings must have been picked up from a file in my %APPDATA%\FreeFileSync folder titled "LastRun.ffs_real". I deleted that file then launched RealTimeSync again and found, to my relief, that the now redundant settings didn't exist any more, all the settings data had vanished (so, currently, that seems to be the way to clear redundant data from RealTimeSync).

My suggestion for improvement would be to have a menu item in RealTimeSync that allows the user to completely clear any previous settings data (without having to import in a different batch file to populate the settings with different data).
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes, RealTimeSync should get a menu -> New command. (even when there is not that much data to clear).