Sync does not work with my Android phone [Linux]

Get help for specific problems

tooman23

Hi, I'm having trouble syncing files with my Android phone with FFS. I get the following error messages
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (37.4 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (24.43 KiB) Viewed 979 times
I'd appreciate some help, thanks in advance

LeoW

hi @tooman23

I use FFS with Windows & Linux & Android. I sync/backup my Android with FFS.

To do this, you need to load an SSH server app on your Android phone. FFS can talk to SFTP servers, which is what SSH server provides. I use a free SSH server from Google Play called "SSH/SFTP Server - Terminal Tools from Banana Studio." You need to create a user and set the root path to be /storage/emulated/0.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

tooman23

Thank you for you reply @LeoW

I managed to get the SFTP server working but the speeds are quite slow, averaging around 3,50 MB/s.
Isn't there a way to make it work over USB?

LeoW

@tooman23
Hi,
What is your Wifi speed? I'm using Wi-fi 6. All of my router equipment and my cell phone and my laptop are all within Two years old.

According to windows My network link speed is:
Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 1201/1201 (Mbps)

at the default settings I get about 25 megabits per second transfer rate when trying to copy the entire phone to my C drive.

However, I own the donation edition which gives you additional performance settings and by adjusting those I am able to increase my speed to 40 megabits per second.
Not sure if it's Megabytes or megabits I get confused sometimes.. Speed is definitely not 3.

I'm not sure if you can tether your cell phone to your computer and then use the SSH server over that. that would be an experiment I would have to conduct. I'll see if I can give it a try later on tonight. I'm curious to see if it works and if it does what the performance difference is. The donation edition definitely lets me double my speed although double your speed would not be a big enhancement unless you can figure out how to get it up to where mine is.

I'll post my findings after I try tethering with a USB cable although for me that will be a slower speed than my Wi-fi is as far as I know. It may help you though.

Leo.
Attachments
freefilesyncspeed.png
freefilesyncspeed.png (179.02 KiB) Viewed 923 times
freefilesyncdonation.png
freefilesyncdonation.png (204.04 KiB) Viewed 923 times

LeoW

Tested USB tethering. It was worse than Wi-fi for me. It does work though in case you want to try it.

Also tested an SMB server and it stank. Very slow.