Android phone does not appear mounted (Solved)

Get help for specific problems

sronweb

Hello' I have a Fedora 40 and I have used so far FFS in Linux, basically without major problems.
I have a Pixel phone which is mounted in the file explorer as Nautilus in Fedora and it works normally, I can access to the phone directories. I set also a sync from the phone to a directory in my pc, and actually the phone, in FFS, when it's connected to pc with usb cable, appear just for a moment and then it disappear.
To mount it in FFS the path is /run/user/1000/gvfs/mtp:host=Google_Pixel_6_Pro.... but the gvfs directory is empty so FFS has error "ENOENT: No such file or directory [lstat]"
I understand that GVFS is a virtual file system, so perhaps need to be reinstalled or similar?
Please, do you have any suggestion?
Last edited by sronweb on 13 Aug 2024, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

John1234

Hi,

You can try using SFTP instead of plugging it in and see if you get better results. There is a nice SFTP server in the Google Play app store and then you can mount your phone directly from
FFS.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.xnano.android.sshserver

sronweb

Thank you. This is an interesting alternative.
In the meanwhile I found that, for some unknown reason, the gvfs-fuse was not installed, and then, after the installation it's working fine again.

John1234

gvfs-fuse is an app related to a file system called fuse and it's likely that if that app was missing it was the cause of your problem.

For example some applications are written for fuse version 2 and fuse version 3 is available and if you upgrade you might break a package that you have.

Great that you have it working again. Write down the name of the app for SFTP for future reference. You can back up your phone if you get caught without a cable or can't plug it in for any reason.