Feature request: adb file transfer

Discuss new features and functions

zues121510

I regularly use freefilesync DE to transfer backups of the root of my android device to my PC, however it can take upwards of 10 hours in some instances even when using usb 3.0. The main reason is that the MTP protocol does not allow for parallel transfers, however programs like "adb explorer" get around this issue with usb debugging, this has made multi hour transfers take only a dozen minutes. The main problem is that "adb explorer" does not have the robust comparison and sync features of freefilesync which I need.

Would be really cool if this could be done.

Plerry

As suggested multiple times in this forum, instead of using the (often buggy) native MTP protocol of your phone, you can install an sftp server on your phone and sync via FFS using the SFTP protocol.
search.php?keywords=android+sftp

xCSxXenon

The problem with ADB is that it requires some advanced knowledge about your device and best security practices. Both things the common person lacks. I think the increased headaches will outweigh the benefits

zues121510

That's a shame then, it would be a massive time saver. I've already done SFTP before but in that case I am network limited, so I have to do the 1000s of small files on FTP and the fewer big ones via usb which still takes 4-5x longer than adb explorer.

Thanks for everyone's input