Easier and simpler than syncthing?

Discuss new features and functions

Chitchat2

How reliable and simple is FreeFileSync?

I'm used to syncthing. It's been great when it works. But Android changes caused a lot of problems and in general, when it doesn't know what to do, such as when given a file that can't be synced to a filesystem that can't create that filename it just conservatively doesn't do anything.

I'm looking for something a bit simpler and reliable just to transfer user files like pdfs, not config files etc.

xCSxXenon

Very reliable and simple. Ultimately, it depends on your use-case.

Antonio.A

Probably you can specify your files as Include filter.

John1234

Hi,

If all you're looking to do or primarily looking to do is periodically backing up files or synchronizing those files that are on your Android phone to some other server whether it be windows or SFTP it doesn't matter.

To backup my text messages on my phone to my drive I use a program in the Google Play app store called foldersync. You can specify any folders on your phone and any location you want to send them to and set up a schedule and the program will run automatically on that schedule.

Also, Microsoft is working on updates to Windows 11 I'm not sure about 10 that will allow file explorer to see your Android cell phone and browse your files and then you can use File Explorer orfree file sync because your Android files will be accessible through standard file browsing. This is done through the phone link application from Microsoft. That will be coming out soon.