Windows FFS SFTP fails to Android & Linux Systems fail

Get help for specific problems

sainokawara

Due to the complete lack of any documentation at all, I do not know whether I am doing something wrong or there is a bug in FreeFileSync's SFTP support. And, I have read, "Synchronize with SFTP (Windows) FreeFileSync support synchronization with SFTP natively." which means nothing to me and everywhere else I could find by googling.

Like many people, I would like to sync my Windows files with my Android Tablet (and Linux systems). And, I would like to Login with only a password. I have no difficulty doing this with WinSCP and GoodSync. However, when I use FreeFileSync, I get "TIMEOUT: Failed getting banner (libssh2_session_handshake)" to my Android and "TIMEOUT: Waiting for password response (libssh2_userauth_password)" to my Linux systems.

An added complexity to this puzzle is the choice of SSH Servers for Android. Currently, I am using the free version of SSHDroid which supports password only. I would pay the money for the PRO version which supports certifications & keyfiles but would like to know if this approach is even feasible before I do. However, someone will have to tell me where I should put the certificates & keyfiles! Could it be in the \FreeFileSynch\bin\ folder?
Site Admin

Zenju

Can't you simply use MTP to access the Android tablet with FreeFileSync?

Regarding the SFTP issues when connecting with FreeFileSync: In general, if it works with other tools, it should work with FFS, too. Do you see some way how I could reproduce the problem on my end?