White application GUI elements.

Get help for specific problems

Rostov

Hi!

I use FreeFileSync 13.6 on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1. I noticed that for some time now there have been white elements in the application's GUI that were previously gray (I marked them with numbers in the screenshot). Reinstalling the application or uninstalling and reinstalling it didn't help. How to fix it?

Przechwytywanie.PNG
Przechwytywanie.PNG (51.17 KiB) Viewed 233 times

xCSxXenon

Is this really an issue? It is likely a result of intended graphical changes in the program.
Revert to an old version?

Rostov

Of course, this doesn't pose any problem in the functioning of the application. But if the author worked on the GUI, it was certainly with the intention that it would look good on all platforms. As for downgrade - the author constantly updates the application, not so that the user has to return to older versions.

xCSxXenon

I think it looks better than it did with gray, but I think anything Windows 8 or older looks ugly and outdated as well. Looks are subjective
Site Admin

Zenju

There needs to be some compromise when targeting all platforms. On Windows, the GUI looks best on Windows 10/11, which is run by the majority of users. Ideally this should be solved by supporting color themes. The main reason for themes would be dark-mode however.

Rostov

I've been using Windows 7 for over a dozen years. I know that it would be useful to finally switch to something newer. But only after replacing the hardware with a more powerful one.

I noticed these white GUI elements after one of the updates, a dozen or so months ago. Before, everything seemed normal. That's why I was curious if it might be due to some files missing.